Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Parfait's Journal

I was too lazy to post anything on my blog for a long time. Now I think it's the time to begin making a new batch of posts!

I will begin with the journal of my pet since today is the ninth day she has stayed with me (9 is my favourite number lol). Her name is, of course, Parfait ^^

Parfait is an extremely cute female crossbreed Rottweiler puppy. I have to take her to animal hospital for check-up regularly though due to her fragile health.

20/3/2011 - Get Parfait from the open market and named her along the way home. She was very young (35 days of age according to the seller). Normally, puppies this age are prone to disease so people usually buy puppies when they are 2-3 months old. But I was attracted to her for some reasons... She was anxious with new environment when we arrived home. She could eat very well but I still have to train her to use toilet...

21/3/2011 - She could run and played but was very thin. She began to get used to her new home. took her to hospital to expel intestinal worms just in case.

22/3/2011 - Left her alone in the evening. I was not home that night. There was rainy storm during the night...

23/3/2011 - She got diarrhea and refused to eat.

24/3/2011 - Took her to hospital. Luckily, the doctor said her symptoms come from bacteria in her digestive system not Canine Viral Enteritis. Though it may be side effects of Canine Distemper which gives very low survival chance if infected.
The drugs are as followed
- Interferon for enhancing the immune system.
(Puppy will rapidly lose immune system after 1 month)
- Enro for killing aerobic bacteria.
- Metro for killing anaerobic bacteria.

25/3/2011 - She still refused to eat and occasionally vomited. She looked very suffer while sleeping. I was worried...

26/3/2011 - She started to eat again but this time, instead of diarrhea, she did not excrete at all.

27/3/2011 - Brought her to hospital for check-up. Her fever was gone but her she was thinner than before. I had to give her vitamin, egg white and cooked meat in addition to her other anti-bacterium medicine and normal food.

28/3/2011 - She recovered and became stronger. She ate a lot too. She still have white mucus and periodically cough to get it out.

29/3/2011 - She is sleeping next to me as I am writing this post. She is a fast learner and cry-baby. I love her and she love me too. She will always try to stay as close to me as possible and growl to get my attention.

I hope she does not infect with Canine Distemper. Even if she does, I will do anything I can to cure her.

No comments: